AEA HP MAX: Customizing

• You mean my original design you can download free for personal use?

It's one of many versions of my design I made a short while ago for a German guy named Peter. So the design is called QUADRAIL 357 2.9MM type Peter.stl which you can download at https://cults3d.com/en/3d-mode…-m50-barrel-band-quadrail

If I upload it to https://craftcloud3d.com/upload I'm presented with the following options for metal:

In aluminum it costs €391.41 +€24.81 shipping

In steel, copper and titanium the part costs €1100 to €7000 so I'm guessing that's not an option.

Having your parts printed in glass reinforced nylon is around €100 which is not bad for such a durable material.

EDIT: Before choosing any QuadRail check if the space between barrel and tank is 2mm or 2.9mm. There seems to be some variation between the 357 models...

And if you'd like a different configuration of your QuadRail you can always ask and I'll see what I can do time permitting.

• ... just received a PA12 print of RCX's design ("Peter" Style).

Couldn't check it on the HP, cause I'm still waiting for it, but design and print is flawless so far. Thx to RCX again!

IMG_5066(1).jpgIMG_5065(1).jpgIMG_5064(1).jpgAfter coloring and mounting - I'll let you know the difference between my (hopefully) own printed PLA and PA12, if there is an interest.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von QBone ()

• Hallo QBone,

That print looks really nice, which print service did you use? Hopefully you picked the right version (2mm - 2.9mm) so it'll fit when your HP Max arrives...

Why did you choose white Nylon / What color(s) paint are you planning to use?

• Ich glaube die ist bei ebay Kleinanzeigen zu finden, Verkäufer nennt sich Ele für 39€.

Würde mir auch gefallen, aber ich kann mich mit diesem 3D Druck Zeug nicht anfreunden. Ein Frästeil wäre natürlich wieder wahnsinnig teuer.

Aber vielleicht kennt ja jemand einen, der jemand kennt… Würden bestimmt einige Abnehmer hier finden.

in der Facebook Gruppe ist einer der Frästeile anbietet, glaube ca280€

Hast Du zufällig einen Namen, damit ihn dort finden kann?

Greetz

Wayniii

• Hallo QBone,

That print looks really nice, which print service did you use? Hopefully you picked the right version (2mm - 2.9mm) so it'll fit when your HP Max arrives...

Why did you choose white Nylon / What color(s) paint are you planning to use?

I used the protiq marketplace to upload your design an get offers from different vendors. Nylon was some of your ideas on cults3d and white let me clearly see where to work on with sandpaper (seems nearly nothing, cause I like the structured feel and the print is really good). The neutral color gives me the choise to keep it a sipmle black or grey or maybe put on a black/grey carmouflage. Don't care much about the inside of the print, cause you won't see it at all.

Also I'd like to have some "benchmark" for my own printings.

• Ah, I see.

Yes, Nylon is a great choice for parts like these as it's rigid and very heat resistant. PLA(+) is very strong and tough but regrettably not very good in high heat situations. Did you order the part printed with FDM or SLS (because you mentioned the nice texture)?

I usually pick the base color of the paint scheme I'm going to use as my filament or resin color so if and when I scratch the paint (and I always do) it's not so noticable.

I would very much like it if you shared a picture of it when it's done and painted:thumbup:

• I used the sls file and it's a really, really nice outcome. Regarding to the coloring, my thought are a thin liquid spray and some 5 time iteration should work fine. But as a beginner I'm sure that there will be more than one "concept meets reality" moment 😩

• Hallo zusammen,

was ich in dem Text da oben verstanden habe ist,
    dass man die lange Bottle Clamp nicht von eBay kleinanzeigen kaufen darf, weil der das Design geklaut hat, richtig ?

Also würde ich das gerne drucken lassen.
    Wo bitte gibt es genau die Datei mit der langen Clamp mit den Picatinnies im 90°-Winkel zum Download ?
    Also diese hier, die ich drauf habe :

clamp_90 degrees.jpg

clamp_90 degrees_2.jpg

Der im Thread hier genannte Link verweist auf eine Clamp, deren Picatinnies nicht im 90°-Winkel stehen sondern ca 60° zueinander oben. damit kann ich leider nichts anfangen.
    Ich würde mich freuen, wenn hier jemand den passenden Link für mich hat,
    also von der Geometrie so, so wie die hier gezeigte weiße Clamp auch aussieht...
    bereits vielen Dank im Voraus !

viele Grüße

Dirk

• Hi Dirk,

der Link zu der sls von RCX beinhaltet mehrere Druckdateien. Die Variante die Du suchst ist m.E. die, die ich für den Nylon Druck (das weiße Ding weiter oben) genommen habe.

AEA HP MAX .35 .45 S45 Mini Barrel Band QUADRAIL
    **ES GIBT EINIGE FRAGEN ZU DEN MASSEN DER 357ER LAUFBÄNDER, BEI DENEN EINIGE LEUTE VON EINEM 2MM ABSTAND ZWISCHEN LAUF UND TANK BERICHTEN UND ANDERE VON…
    cults3d.com

Der Dateiname ist QUADRAIL 357 2.9MM type Peter.stl.

Wenn Du die zip entpackst, oder die gesamte Datei hochlädst findest Du das.

RCX hat freundlicherweise einen Link dagelassen, wo Du das für unter 40€ incl. Versand drucken lassen kannst:

Craftcloud

Achte bitte darauf, dass der Abstand zwischen Tank und Lauf hier 2,9 mm beträgt. Teilweise ist der Abstand wohl auch nur 2mm. Auch dafür sind Druckdateien inkludiert, die aber 2 teilig sind. (Mit /1 und /2 gekennzeichnet)

Der link zu craftcloud funktioniert mit den Dateien. Habe dort aber noch nie bestellt, daher bitte nur als Tip sehen.

Hoffe das hilft, wenn nicht frag gerne nochmal nach.

• ... und vielleicht mag ja der ein oder andere RCX "einen Kaffee" (sprich einen 5er) spendieren, für die geilen, kostenfreien Designs rund um die HPMax

Buy RCX2020 a Coffee. ko-fi.com/rcx2020
    Become a supporter of RCX2020 today! ❤️ Ko-fi lets you support the creators you love with no fees on donations.
    ko-fi.com

mach ich zumindest lieber, als jemanden Geld zu zahlen, der fremde Ideen klaut

• Dirk

Hat einen Beitrag als hilfreichste Antwort ausgewählt.
  • ... und vielleicht mag ja der ein oder andere RCX "einen Kaffee" (sprich einen 5er) spendieren, für die geilen, kostenfreien Designs rund um die HPMax

https://ko-fi.com/rcx2020

mach ich zumindest lieber, als jemanden Geld zu zahlen, der fremde Ideen klaut

Danke Dir herzlich für Deine ganzen hilfreichen Tips !
    ..und dem RCX2020 habe ich grade nen Kaffee spendiert, Ehrensache ! :thumbup:

• ... gerne, freut mich wenn es hilft😁

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!