Hp max carbon bottle

• I'm thinKing of changing 300cc cylininder on my hp max to 500cc carbon bottle now I have seen a couple people online talk about loosing power output once they put the bottle on.

Can anyone shine any light on this to know if its truth or not. Anyone swapped their cylinder on their hp max for a bottle?? ✌️

• As we're communicating in english, I assume you're referring to an unregulated "full power" version of the HPMax, which is commonly used in many countries but germany.

In germany PCP guns are restricted by law to maintain shot energy below 7,5J.

This requires a specifically modified version (so called "F") of the gun, with a built in regulator.

Regulated pressure is far below the max pressure that the tank is specified for (tank is the same for all versions).

So, if you're talking about the "international" (unregulated) version, it might be true that one can experience lower power with changing the air tank (perhaps due to the bigger air volume, or the profile of a fitting, there's somewhat "slower" decompression during valve opening, so less air speed to propel the pellet/slug.

But with a built in regulator, there is always the same, consistent amount and pressure available for each shot (as long as there's enough pressure left in the tank of course).

That's the thing it does, providing constant power.

The regulated power is completely independent of the capacity of the tank.

Tank capacity will only have impact on how many consistent shots you can fire before you have to refill.

• If you have an unregulated HPMax, it shouldn't be much of an issue to find a bigger bottle to replace the stock one,

just make sure it is still "slender" enough to not collide with the barrel/shroud.

Best to buy one which is explicitly sold as "for HPMax cal. whatever yours has".

It should look like that:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

If you have a regulated HPMax, as far as I know there is no aftermarket bottle tank that would fit.

An adapter/connector would be needed that provides the correct threads to connect from the "regulator housing" part to a standard high pressure bottle fitting.

Plus maybe some offset/down alignment to gain a little more space towards the barrel shroud.

Never seen one of those though until now. Maybe one day.

Here's a comparison between an unregulated gun with an aftermarket bottle tank, and a regulated one with the stock tank:

You can clearly see the different fittings there (bottom one is the regulated one, easily recognizeable by the second pressure gauge)

pasted-from-clipboard.png

The part with the additional gauge is where the regulator is seated.

• Honestly, I also thought about equipping my HP Max with a bottle, because the 300 cubic cylinder simply does not give enough.

However, I would then only convert it abroad because, as you have already read above, in our country there is an "F" version that does not allow us to shoot over 7.5 joules.

But if there is no loss of performance, I will still get the bottle to shoot with it abroad.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!